Welcome to US Issues!
Everyone who visits is welcome to post. All that’s required is that you treat your visit here as you would treat a visit to a friend’s home. So for example, don’t be rude, loud, or insulting.
Here are the rules to help keep the dialog respectful and stimulating:
- No vulgarities of any kind, nor links to sites or blogs which promote vulgarities. No Porn or Gaming site links.
- Don’t link to commercial websites, unless they are relevant to the discussion.
- Be respectful. Flames, trolls, personal attacks, hijacking a thread, or using offensive terms like “Denier” or “Racist” are not welcome here and may be deleted during moderation.
- A SPAM filter is used. Some posts may disappear based on words, phrases, or links. If you think you’ve been blocked accidentally, try making a post with a single sentence or two, using the word “Moderator.”
- Please make comments that are On-Topic for the post. If your off topic post gets deleted, don’t take it personally. Use the Tips & Notes or the occasional Open Thread for these otherwise off topic ideas.
- Please use your name, rather than a cryptic handle, and use a real email address. If you think what you have to say is important, show it by being open and honest. These are your words; please stand behind them.
- There is one of you; please don’t use multiple handles or email addresses.
- Stories that we post may be edited during the first hour to fix misspellings and the like. If you find typos or errors after that, please point it out in a comment.
- At the start of your first comment on this blog, please enter your zipcode. In a future post, we may be able to include an example which is especially geographically relevant to many of our readers.
- Certain topics are not welcome on this blog. This includes topics on religion, Obama’s birth certificate, bigfoot, UFO’s, etc. Similarly, references/links to sites which have elevated these topics to active zealotry, such as Principia Scientific, may be deleted. Please send your comments on these to other blogs where they may be more welcome.
- We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, and to make changes to this policy as needed.
- To submit a guest post, please use the Submit Guest Post menu link. The few stories submitted are subject to editing for spelling, formatting, etc.
Thank you for visiting US Issues. Enjoy your stay! – Bob
Last updated October 8, 2014.
For further info on Blog Etiquette, see this from PC Advisor: