Is carbon dioxide our friend or our foe?
By Iain Aitken – Re-Blogged From http://www.WattsUpWithThat.com
Here is a dossier of key facts about carbon dioxide (and its role in global warming):
· It is an incombustible, colourless, odourless, tasteless and non-toxic gas
· It is a plant nutrient and, as the ‘fuel’ of photosynthesis and the creation of oxygen, it is absolutely essential to the existence of life on Earth
· Its fertilisation effect has meant that, thanks to our anthropogenic carbon dioxide emissions increasing concentrations in the atmosphere, crop yields have improved dramatically to date and will continue to improve in the future
· It is a weak greenhouse gas
· Global warming precedes, and then causes, increases in carbon dioxide emissions