Several countries and cities studied and tested a universal basic income (UBI). At first glance it looks like giveaway nonsense:
- Who pays for the giveaways?
- Does the UBI discourage work and self-improvement?
- How much price inflation does it create?
- How much additional unpayable debt will be created by the UBI?
- The UBI should be how large? If $1,000 per month per person is good, is $10,000 per month better? Which bureaucrat defines the size of the benefit?
- Does it apply to everyone? Adults only? Means tested? Only those who voted and paid taxes? Only those in good standing with the “thought police?”