By Mark O’Byrne – Re-Blogged From http://www.Gold-Eagle.com
– New pound coin ‘most secure coin in world’?
– New British £1 coins much harder to counterfeit
– Pound coin uses “secret” cutting edge technology
– Coins uses ‘iSIS’ technology which may involve RFID tags
– Central banks, governments may be able to track coins
– Libertarians and privacy advocates will have concerns
– “Secure coin” yes but real risk is that savings not secure due to currency debasement
– Now new risk to bank deposits as all digital wealth exposed to hacking and cyber fraud
– Sound as a pound? Safer to stick with true “coin of the realm”
– Gold and silver Sovereigns and Britannias (VAT and CGT free) are only truly secure coins
The UK launched what is being touted as the “most secure coin in the world” yesterday – the day before Brexit day.